What’s Happening In Your Community… November Local Events!
- Country Dance in the Alma Community Hall. Saturday December 15th. Featuring live music from “Country Ways”. Tickets are $10 dollars. For more information call 519-846-5329.
Food and Entertainment/Social Events
- 29th Annual Tree of Light Ceremony – hosted by the New Hamburg Lions and Lioness. Friday November 30th at 6:30pm. Centennial Fountain, New Hamburg. Hot dogs will be served at 6:30pm, followed by the tree lighting, caroling, and apple cider. For more information call 519-662-1641.
- Alma Optimist Beef BBQ. Friday November 30th from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. Alma Community Hall, 41 Elora, Alma. Price is $12 dollars for adults, $4 dollars for kids and under school age get in free. For more information call 519-846-5329.
- St. James Lutherand Church Perth East presents the “Journey to Bethlehem” Live Nativity Re-creation. Friday November 30th and Saturday December 1st at 8:00pm. St. James Lutheran church, corner of Line 45 and Road 106, Perth East. For more information call 519-625-8990 or visit www.stjamesneh.ca
- The May Court Club of Kitchener-Waterloo 23rd Annual Christmas Dreams Show. On now through Saturday December 8th. Conestoga Mall. Tickets are 2 for $5 dollars, 6 for $10 dollars and 20 for $20 dollars. Proceeds to May Court Club Projects, Children’s Swish Foundation, Women’s Crisis Services – Anselma House, and Family and Children’s Services of Waterloo Region.
- “Dress Them In Hope” clothing drive supporting women, children and babies in residence at Marillac Place, hosted by Cloak and Curio. Gently used clothing donation drop-offs: Friday, November 30th, 3-6pm at Marillac Place Coach House, 109 Young St., Kitchener. Saturday, December 1st, 11am-3pm, at 196 Ferris Drive, Wellesley. Contact: Roshan Grossman, email@example.com, 519-342-3909.
- ACCKWA (Aids Committee of Cambridge Kitchener Waterloo and Area) HIV/AIDS Awareness Week Events. On now through Tuesday December 4th. Various events are taking place throughout Waterloo Region for HIV/AIDS Awareness Week. For a full list of events and locations visit www.acckwa.com
- Lutherwood’s Free Job Search Boot Camp. Lutherwood offers a free five-session workshop series to help put job seekers on the path to success. Help is provided with resumes, cover letters, creating networking contacts and interview preparation. To register or to learn more visit www.lutherwood.ca/needajob
Other Community Events
- Hospice of Waterloo Region Services. Providing free services to individuals, families, children and adults affected by a life-threatening illness. Free services include friendly visiting, day respite, support groups, and professional counselling. For more information call 519-743-4114 or visit www.hospicewaterloo.ca
- Free Flu Shots at the K-W Urgent Care Clinic. Every Tuesday and Thursday from Tuesday November 6th to Thursday December 6th, 6:00pm to 7:30pm. K-W Urgent Care Clinic, 385 Fairway Road South, Kitchener. These are clinics for flu vaccinations only, must have a valid Ontario Health Card. For more information call 519-748-2327.
- Community Support Connections – Meals on Wheels and More is looking for volunteer drivers for their transportation program. You can volunteer a few hours a week by driving seniors to and from their medical appointments and the grocery store. For more information visit www.communitysupportconnections.org
- Volunteer Action Centre’s Volunteer Opportunities. Featuring positions available with kidsLINK, the City of Kitchener, and Mosaic Counselling and Family Services. For more information call 519-742-8610 or visit www.volunteerkw.ca
- Start time: 12:00 AM